Hello everyone,
Yeah... the forum is closing. And if you're wondering why? I'd say this forum was like a red herring... I mean, there was no need for it from the beginning, and it distracted me from the main projects of the website and mission. On the other hand, we already have a Facebook group with over 2.3k members! For now, I'll leave it online in "read-only" mode (to avoid spam); because we may need it in the future, and there are some good topics here.

I want to thank everyone who joined the forum, especially Entuzio and Toysoft, for helping me moderate it and the group :) Also, stay tuned for new updates for the projects and group.

Thank you for reading,
Mohamed

Java for Amiga

From the Pet to the Amiga
Mohamed said
Administrator
Administrator
Favorite retro computer[s]: Xerox star, daybreak & Atari falcon

Java for Amiga

#1 Post by Mohamed said »

Hello everyone,

From a time ago, I had read about a project named (JAmiga), which is an effort to port Java to the Amiga and Amiga related operating systems.

So I searched more about that interesting topic, and I found another tool for Amiga named (Java Grinder) that translates byte-code from Java (.class) files into native assembly code -much like a JIT or an (ahead of time) compiler-, so gives the ability to write programs in Java to run natively on Amiga or other platforms.

This video of a demo compiled by Java Grinder running on an Amiga 1000, also after it completes, there is another video of the same demo running on the emulator.

As an Atari fan, I hope Java got ported to the m68k-atari platform :)
Atari falcon alive :!:

Gilbert S
Newly registered user

Re: Java for Amiga

#2 Post by Gilbert S »

Cool :thumbup: